Requirements, Install, Uninstall
|1.1. Eclipse Versions|
|1.2. Operating Systems|
|2. UML4AS v1.0.0 beta and above|
|3. UML4AS v1.0.0.M2 and v1.0.0.M3|
|4. UML4AS v1.0.0.M1 and below|
|5. UML4AS + Java|
1.1. Eclipse Versions
UML4AS - UML for ActionScript and Flex is a product based on the Eclipse Platform. In order to use it, you should have an already existing installation of an Eclipse (or Eclipse based) IDE. If you don't, please download one from the Eclipse download section (http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/; Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers is recommended).
The Eclipse version of your IDE should be at least 3.3. We have tested UML4AS - UML for ActionScript and Flex on the following configurations:
- Eclipse 3.3 + Flex Builder 3 Plug-in
- Eclipse 3.5 + Flex Builder 3 Plug-in
- FDT 3.5 (Eclipse 3.5 based)
- Flash Builder 4 Standalone (Eclipse 3.5 based)
- Flash Builder 4.5
- Eclipse 3.6, 3.7
1.2. Operating Systems
Windows family and Mac OS operating systems are supported. Linux OS is not supported.
2. UML4AS v1.0.0 beta and above
Use the easy-to-use install wizard. You can install the software directly over an existing UML4AS - UML for ActionScript and Flex installation (including M2, M1, etc.).
If you upgrade from UML4AS - UML for ActionScript and Flex version 1.0.0.M1 or below, please uninstall the application using the "old" procedure. The installation is done using the local Eclipse update site mechanism.
- download the latest version of UML4AS - UML for ActionScript and Flex and save it locally on you disk
- for Eclipse version >= 3.4, go to Help/Install New Software.../Add/Archive... and select the file you have downloaded; then select Uncategorized/Flower Modeling Platform - UML4AS
- for Eclipse version 3.3, go to Help/Softare Updates/Find and Install.../Search for new features to install/New Archived Site and select the file you have downloaded; then select Uncategorized/Flower Modeling Platform - UML4AS
4. UML4AS v1.0.0.M1 and below
For the moment UML4AS - UML for ActionScript and Flex needs to be installed manually. We are investigating a better approach (either update site based or installer based). Please follow the following steps:
- download the latest version of UML4AS - UML for ActionScript and Flex and unzip it somewhere on your disk, in a temporary folder (e.g. d:/temp/uml4as); you will see 2 directories: features, plugins
- go to your existing Eclipse (or Eclipse based product, e.g. d:/java/eclipse); among others, you will see as well the following 2 directories: features, plugins
- uninstall UML4AS - UML for ActionScript and Flex if another version already exists (please see below)
- copy all the contents you unzipped, into the Eclipse directory (e.g. d:/temp/uml4as to d:/java/eclipse)
- start Eclipse; you should see an "About UML4AS" entry in the Help menu; that means the product has been successfully installed
Possible problems: if you don't see the "About UML4AS" menu entry, try the following:
- stop Eclipse
- delete all files and folders starting with "com.crispico.flower.mp*" form the /features and /plugins folders
open a command prompt (e.g. Start Menu, Run, cmd)
go to the Eclipse folder (e.g. d:, cd d:/java/eclipse)
start Eclipse with the -clean argument (e.g. eclipse -clean; if eclipse.exe doesn't exist, there should be another executable, e.g. FlexBuilder.exe)
- repeat the installation procedure; when starting eclipse, use the -clean command line option again
- if the problem still persists, please use our forum to get in contact with us
To uninstall UML4AS - UML for ActionScript and Flex from your Eclipse installation, delete all files and folders starting with "com.crispico.flower.mp*" form the /features and /plugins folders (from your Eclipse installation directory, e.g. d:/java/eclipse).
The extended version of UML4AS - UML for ActionScript and Flex that has support for the Java programming language has similar requirements and install instructions with the following notes:
- the Eclipse host installation needs to contain the JDT plugins (i.e. support for Java development) . You can use an Eclipse downloaded from here: http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/. Regarding commercial Flash IDEs:
Before installing UML4AS + Java, please uninstall any existing version of UML4AS.